The Best Homeowners Insurance Policy Holders are Cleaning Their Gutters!
Even the best homeowners insurance policy can’t stop mother nature from her daily duties, especially in the fall. Have you ever noticed how many leaves pile up in your gutter during this time of year? It’s a common problem with homeowners around Eureka. Cleaning your gutter is a crucial task to prepare your house for the winter. If you clean your gutters yourself, you can certainly save a lot of money, but safety is always an issue.
According to FEMA, cleaning your gutters is necessary for every homeowner before winter hits. Here are list of tips you can use to ensure your safety while cleaning your gutters this fall!
1. Be sure to use a sturdy ladder and that it is resting firmly on level ground.
3. Always keep your hips square with the ladder to maintain your balance.
5. While standing on the roof, stand to the side of the gutter rather than leaning out over the gutter. Many homeowners use a safety harness to clean their gutters.
6. Be aware of your weather conditions!
7. The proper footwear is essential to successful cleaning your gutters; wear non-slip soles.
8. You should wear heavy duty gloves to keep your hands from getting cut up on sharp metal edges of the gutter.
9. If is a good idea to wear protective eye wear or safety glasses while cleaning the gutters.
10. NEVER work next to power lines!
While cleaning your gutters this fall, you may come across some other things that need to be fixed. Maybe your roof needs repairing, or maybe even your windows. Be sure that you have best homeowners insurance policy available to ensure these tasks are covered and can be done in a timely fashion. Winter waits for no man!