When you are shopping for auto insurance, what factors do you consider? When buying auto insurance, it’s usually a balancing act between needs, preferences and cost. While there exist several auto insurance coverages, how do you know the ones suitable for you? How do you choose coverages that answer your specific needs? If you are unsure which auto insurance is right for you, Focus Insurance in Eureka, MO, is here to guide you.
Understanding different types of auto insurance coverages
Even if you are a seasoned motorist, buying auto insurance calls for some research. And as you build your auto insurance know-how, you must first understand the below car insurance coverages:
- Liability insurance: This coverage protects you when you cause bodily injury or property damage to other people. This coverage is mandatory in many states, including Missouri.
- Comprehensive coverage: It covers your vehicle from physical damage caused by non-accident perils like fire, theft, and natural disasters.
- Collision coverage: It covers your vehicle from physical damage of collision with stationary objects or other motorists.
- Medical payments / Personal Injury Protection (PIP): It covers medical expenses for you and your passengers following an auto accident.
- Underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage: This insurance plan covers you when you collide with a motorist carrying no or insufficient auto insurance. Besides, it covers hit-and-run scenarios.
The above are typical auto insurance coverages. You can also consider the below add-ons to boost your auto insurance policy.
- Roadside assistance
- Spare parts coverage
- Engine protect
- Zero depreciation
- Consumables coverage
- OEM endorsement
At Focus Insurance, we usually recommend you choose auto insurance coverages you can afford comfortably. Consider your financial situation, too. Do you own many assets? If yes, you need higher liability coverage. Also, when deciding about deductibles, think about your cash flow position – settle on a deductible amount you can afford.
Learn more about auto insurance in Eureka, MO
Would you like to get more information about auto insurance? If so, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Focus Insurance to get more insights on auto insurance.