If you’re looking for ways to reduce your energy usage and make your home more energy efficient here in the Eureka, MO area, there are plenty of options to get you started. Here are some helpful tips from us at Focus Insurance:
1. Upgrade Your Appliances – Invest in energy-efficient appliances like refrigerators, washing machines, air conditioners, lighting fixtures, and other household items that can use less electricity and help lower your monthly utility bills.
2. Weatherproof Your Home – Check for any drafts or openings in windows, doors, or other areas where outside air can enter your home and increase the amount of energy needed to heat or cool it. Seal drafty windows with caulk or weather stripping and install insulation in attics, basements, and crawlspaces to maintain a comfortable temperature inside all year round.
3. Install Solar Panels – A great way to save on energy costs is by installing solar panels on the roof of your house, which will generate free electricity from the sun and can help power your entire home.
4. Change Your Lightbulbs – Swap out traditional lightbulbs for LED bulbs, as they use up to 80% less energy than incandescent bulbs, last longer, and come in various shapes and sizes, depending on where you need them in the house.
5. Use Natural Resources – Get creative with natural resources around your home, such as trees that provide shade or wind turbines that capture wind power to help cut down on electricity costs.
By making these small changes around your home, you can reduce your energy usage significantly and potentially save a lot of money each month! For more tips, give us at Focus Insurance a call today. We are proud to serve the Eureka, MO area.